|Ease of Use||★★★★★|
The Graco Magnum x5 is an airless paint sprayer. That means that you do not have to have an air compressor in order to operate the tool.
It is a handy device that benefits both professionals and do it yourself enthusiast.
Graco Magnum x5 Paint Sprayer Reviews
The Graco Magnum x5 has the ability to lift the paint directly from the paint manufacturers can so you need no paint buckets or paint trays. It is convenient, and can be used with small one gallon cans of paint or larger five gallon buckets of paint.
It is lightweight and easy to move. It can be used with a hose that is up to 75 feet in length so you can paint big projects without having to reposition the machine often.
It has a pressure control so you get to choose how much paint is forced out per minute. This gives you the ability to adjust according to the thickness of the paint you are using or the size of the project you are working on.
It has great special features like reversible tips in case of tip clogs, and a power flush adapter. The power flush adapter allows you to clean the tool using the pressure from your garden hose.
This is a paint sprayer that would be beneficial to anyone who has remodeling or painting projects to do.
Graco Magnum X5 Specifications:
Dimensions: 19” x 15” x 37”
Weight: 26 lbs
Maximum Tip Size: 0.015
Maximum Pressure: 3000 psi
Performance rating: .31 gallons per minute
Recommended annual usage: 125 gallons
In-depth Reviews of Graco Magnum X5
Adjustable Pressure Control
The adjustable pressure control is one of the best features on this tool. The amount of pressure that you apply will control the amount of paint that is forced out of the spray gun at one time. The amount of pressure you apply also influences paint splatter, overspray, and the smooth transition you have from one part of the project to the next.
With this adjustable pressure control you can determine the amount of pressure you need according to the thickness of your paint, and the size of your project. You will be in complete control so the final results will be better than you ever thought they could be.
Stainless Steel Piston Pump
The stainless steel piston pump allows the machine to deliver high pressure power that enables it to atomize thick paints so you do not have to thin your paint. With this ability you can put on a thicker paint coating and you will have to apply fewer coats of paint to create the perfect finish you desire.
Flexible Suction Tube
The flexible suction tube allows you to move around while you are painting without kinking the suction tube or stopping the tube from being able to pick up the paint from the container.
Reversible Spray Tips
The reversible spray tips will insure that if the tip were to become clogged while you are painting you do not have to stop what you are doing, remove the tip, clean the tip, and replace the tip. Many painting professionals carry more than one of the same size tip because clogged tips happen pretty often when you are painting.
This reversible tip allows you to simply grab the tip, turn it around and return to your work. The paint sprayer will clean the tip out for you while you are working. This saves time, and you do not have to keep up with extra tips of the same size.
Power Flush Adapter
The power flush adapter connects the spray gun to an ordinary water hose. The pressure from the water hose will force out the paint and particles inside your spray paint gun. You will find this to be the easiest way to clean a spray painter.
To use this feature all you have to do is:
- Turn the power switch to the off position
- Put the suction tube and the drain tubes in an empty pail you are using for waste
- Turn the spray valve to the prime position
- Turn the pressure control knob to the prime position or the prime/clean position
- Trigger the gun so that it will spray into the waste pail
- Lock the trigger into the locked position
- Unthread the spray tip and the guard assembly
- Put the spray tip and the guard assembly in the waste pail and clean them manually
- Thread the power flush attachment onto the garden hose you are going to use
- Turn the water to the hose on
- Rinse the paint off of the drain tubes and the suction tubes
- Rinse the paint from the inlet screen and the spray tip and assembly guard
- Unscrew the inlet strainer from the suction tube
- Thread the power flush adapter to the suction tube
- Turn the power switch to the on position so that the water can pass through and out the drain tube for a minimum of twenty seconds
- Turn the power switch to the off position
- If the tip or the guard assembly need any further cleaning use a cleaning brush and take care of them now
- Reassemble the machine and prepare it for storage
Instruction Video – How to use Graco Magnum X5
The instruction video that is provided with this piece of equipment is very informative. It will walk you through standard operations, and will teach you about safety precautions that you should take when using or storing this device.
The Graco Magnum x5 is perfect for professional painters and homeowners.
Professionals like the Graco Magnum x5 because it can be used with up to 75 feet of hose so they can paint house exteriors, fences, decks, and other large projects without having to move their equipment a lot.
Homeowners and do it yourself enthusiasts like the Graco Magnum x5 because it can pull paint from a one gallon can and they do not have to transfer their paint into other containers. They can use this piece of equipment inside or outside with equal success.
The easy cleaning is a feature that makes both professionals and do it yourself enthusiasts both love this machine.
- Picks the paint up directly from the paint container
- Can pull paint from a one gallon paint can or a five gallon bucket
- Can be used with a hose that is up to 75 feet in length so it can easily be used outdoors
- Paint does not have to be thinned so it can apply thicker layers and help you get better coverage. That saves you a lot of time and work
- Has the ability to hook up to a standard water hose connection for cleaning purposes
- You can reverse the tip and keep working if the tip were to become clogged
- Has a safety trigger lock to prevent accidents
- Does not have an on the job replaceable pump
- Does not have a convenience cart
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any special safety features on this sprayer?
Yes the gun trigger lock is a special safety feature. You should always have the trigger lock in position when the gun is not being used. When this lock is engaged the spray cannot be accidentally shot at a person’s skin.
Do you need to wear goggles when operating this sprayer?
Yes. You should wear protective safety equipment when using this paint sprayer. Protective eyewear and hearing protection are both recommended by the manufacturer. The fluid and solvent manufacturers recommend that you use respirators, and wear both protective clothing and protective gloves when working with solvents.
What voltage outlet does this sprayer plug into?
This sprayer is designed to plug into the standard American 120v outlet. You MUST plug this into a grounded outlet for safety reasons.
This paint sprayer is made by Graco and Graco has a great reputation for producing high quality items.
Graco Magnum X5 airless sprayer has all of the safety features that are now standard on most paint spraying equipment. You can lock the trigger if you have to leave it unattended and you will not have to worry about an accident happening while you are away.
If you want to save money on your home painting projects, or you want to make a little money doing painting projects for other people. Then you want to give this paint spraying equipment a chance to show you how easy painting can be.